Rockvale is not an Italian, Austrian, Polish, or Irish originated town. It is made up of many different cultural groups from all over the world. Because America itself is made up of all different walks of life, Rockvale is an all-American town.
This is because many of those who were born and raised here, stayed in Rockvale. They stayed to live and made Rockvale a caring community where they could raise their children and still hang on to their beliefs.
Second, Third, Fourth Generation: Offspring Back In Rockvale, or Never Left
Beverly Kissell Harris and Dorothy Kissell Patterson are both third generation Rockvale residents. Dorothy’s children and grandchildren are fourth and fifth generation Rockvale residents. Sadly, DOROTHY passed away on May 10, 2004 after a long and courageous battle with cancer. She was 57 years old.
Lawrence Faoro, Jim Picco, Lorraine Veltri, Johnette Tessadri Brown, Albert Bufmack, Daryl Bufmack, Joe Tamburello, Phyllis De Rocchi Lennox, Richard White, Delores Trodgen Crumm still live in Rockvale.
Jimmy Walker is a second generation Rockvale resident. His son, MARTY, third generation residents, and their children are fourth generation Earl Walker, brother of Jimmy, Donna Colgin Walker, Alice Orsi Thomas, Oney David Barnes, Kenny Horvath, Leroy Kessler, Naomi Langloss Kessler, Norma Del Duca Archuletta, and Jennie Tessadri Mackinnon are more “old” Rockvale residents.
There are many people who have lived in Rockvale almost their entire lives.
Mary Ann Walker (Tonko), Mary Alvidrez, and Ilene (Chorus) Fleming are at Progressive Care in Canon City. Lena Faoro is at Skyline Ridge NH in Canon she is nearing 97 or 98 as is Mary Alvidrez . Frances Slack is just as chipper as she was 20 years ago. She is about 82 or 83. Jean and Bill Newell still live in Lipersick’s old house. Bill is on oxygen and stays home a lot. Dorothy Baccarella still lives at home, she too is over 80 and still drives. Rose Del Duca lives in the same house with her daughter Carol. Carol works at True Value in Florence. Corneil Bufmack is incapacitated. Her son Daryl takes her out once a week, has a caregiver at home. Margaret Watkins still lives alone and also has a caregiver that comes and takes her out and helps her with what she needs.
- Kathleen Goodwin is now living in South Carolina with her daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren.
- Louise Williams passed away on June 8, 2007 at her home of over 50 years in Rockvale.
- Lawrence Sartoris passed away on November 8, 2008. He was 93 years old.
- Mary (Slack) Horvath, 86, passed away December 21, 2009. She was buried at Union Highland Cemetery.
- John Rambish passed away at his home on March 10, 2010. He was 66 years old. (see Memories)
- Pauline Trogden passed away on April 1, 2010. She was 86 years old. Her husband James died Oct. 6, 2003.
- John Tonko (78) passed away on April 9, 2010. He was a resident of the Bruce McCandless State Veterans Nursing Home in Florence.
- Ella Rigirozzi Garner (89) passed away on July 5, 2010. She was at Progressive Care Nursing Home in Canon
- George (Pee Wee) Swift (74) passed away on July 26, 2010. He was a life long resident of Rockvale.
- Martin Kessler passed away on July 30, 2010. He was 59 years old and had fought a brave battle with cancer.
- Don Gallop (83) passed away on January 10, 2011.
- Frances R. (Governski) Gallop, 92, of Rockvale, died Sunday, June 5, 2011.
Madeline Sudo passed away in August 2003; Antoinette Ross passed away January 3, 2004; Clorinda Del Duca passed away on April 4, 2005; Eula Harrison passed away on October 3, 2005; Lorraine Faoro passed away on October 26, 2005; Emily Swisher fought a long battle with cancer. She passed away in March, 2006. Diane Lakey Howell (61 years old) was living in Beulah when she died April 5, 2006. Jo-Ann Kuklinski died July 30, 2006. Eunice Rambish, mother of Louise & Joey Rambish, died at her home in Alaska in May 2006. She was 82. Lillian Smith Shook passed away in September, 2006. She was 63–a 1961 graduate of Florence High School.
Evelyn Eason Drake (Her father had the Season store in Rockvale, Coal Creek, and Chandler.) lived in Canon City. She passed away on November 8, 2007 at the age of 95.
Louise Williams passed away in June 8, 2007. Louise & her family moved to Rockvale in 1956. Ruth Massaro, passed away on January 27, 2008. She was 83 years old.
Sylvia Colgin Hinklin–64–was killed in an auto accident on February 19, 2008. She was living in Cotopaxi. Sylvia graduated eighth grade in 1957 from Rockvale School.